Sunday, March 1, 2009

Devotions

Well today I will be expanding a devotion which bro Gee yean(I did not spell your name wrongly :p ) gave last week. Xena asked me a question:" So how do I actually love the Lord , physically, mentally and spiritually.

Ok here is the verse again

Matthew 22:37-38

37And He said to him, " 'AC)">(AC)YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

38"This is the great and foremost commandment.

After Xena asked me I just answered:"With a heart that desires God, because if you love and desire Him, He will cause the change in you." But that was not specific enough so I went to pray about it.

Then today morning as I woke up I went to the toilet then it was suddenly revealed on to me.

1 Physically To love the Lord physically is to love Jesus whom is God taking on flesh to bring us back to His kingdom, and also to love His creations,

in psalms 83

When I E)">(E)consider F)">(F)Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The G)">(G)moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
4H)">(H)What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?

When we look at God's creations we are awed, and if you are a person doing art or an artist you will know that a painting or a piece of an art is actually a "representation" or a part of the artist. In so we know that God is INDEED BEAUTIFUL!!!

2) Mentally: To love God mentally is to have only Him on your mind and to abolish all "idols" from your mind. Idols may be anything from your favorite movie stars to the girl you like. And in the 10 commandments from Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments
1Then God spoke all these words, saying,

2"A)">(A)I am the LORD your God, B)">(B)who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3"C)">(C)You shall have no other D)">(D)gods a]">[a]before Me.

4"E)">(E)You shall not make for yourself b]">[b]an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.

5"F)">(F)You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a G)">(G)jealous God, H)">(H)visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

6but showing loving kindness to I)">(I)thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

You know how serious it is to only serve Him and worship Him. Also to fill your mind with His wisdom, to know and learn about the bible, the word of God and to use it for His glory.(my cousin pointed it out to me :) )

3 Spiritually: To Love God spiritually is indeed a deep one for me, I believe it is to do His will and to bring the people whom are in the darkness back into the light. And to LISTEN to the Holy Spirit....

Sometimes in our traditional church we tend to less focus on the Holy spirit, you notice that traditional church are very careful when they talk about the Holy spirit because they don't want to associate with the charismatic churches. But I find it to be ............

I want to be lead by the Holy spirit to do His will and bring others back to Him amen...

Anyone wants to be filled?


Ok I end my devotion now, anyone wants a prayer of blessing? tag me leh hehehe give some encouragement. If you feel anything wrong with my blog or post tag me, I hate to have wrong information or misuse the bible verses. If you feel God wanting you to talk to me then talk to me :)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home