Friday, June 26, 2009

The art of giving!!!

A couple of days ago I joined my friend for dinner, I knew he went to visit a certain church as he is not a believer yet and would like to know more about Christ. As I was walking with him and his church friends I noticed one of them had a bandage, I immediately remembered that this bandage is those "Blood donor" bandages. I ask this brethren :" Hey bro you just gave blood arh :) that's a very gracious thing to do"... The brethren replied:"Oh cuz its better to give than to receive mahs"...

I never thought much I just answered unknowingly without using my mind :" Oh that's good but you must know one thing, when we give, it should be to help and bless others not to expect anything back"....The brethren face suddenly changed then I suddenly awoke and thought :"Hey what did I say again? Have I offended anyone?"...If your reading this I am sorry if I have offended you but you must know your attitude is wrong, even though your 7 years older than me.

I went home to ponder and meditate on God's world, in

Acts 20:35 (New American Standard Bible)

35"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Amen its true! BUT...... Your attitude must be for helping others, to bless people who are less fortunate not to EXPECT God to bless you and make you rich!

Let me share a bit more, on Sunday after service me and the brothers finish bible class and went for dinner.... After we had dinner we went to this bubble tea store, I had the opportunity to just treat them for drinks and I did! After sometime I suddenly remembered :"Hey am I doing this with the right attitude or am I wrong to bless them ?" I analyzed the situation and Praised God!!! Yeah I did not do anything unrighteousness because my goal or intention at that time is to just bless them without expecting anything in return, when they thanked me I just told them to Praise God!!!

I think some of the brothers and sisters have been blessed by me through Father God :) I always like to borrow ,buy and give certain books or bibles to certain people that I feel God want me to bless :)

Deep in my mind my intention has always been to GLORIFY God and let His blessings overflow to others through me. I never expected Him to bless me back but He ALWAYS blesses me back.

I wanna thank and praise You Father God for bringing me so much wisdom and opportunity these few day, opportunities to invest the money that You have given to me, I will do it well, I will do it in Your name, ALL glory belongs to You Father God :)

I NEVER proposed that I am better than anyone, but I just feel this mentality of (NEVER expecting anything back, but expect to bless/help others and GLORIFYING God) to be a more God exalting mentality :)

Don't you agree? tag me and tell me your feelings. NOTE THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO EXALT MYSELF BUT TO EXALT GOD



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home