Sunday, June 28, 2009

140th post, WORDS OF WISDOM

Wow I got maths camp tomorrow :P So I'll just do a short one.
Recently as I am lying on my bed, I just can't sleep a lot of things just zapped into my mind. I kinda get the feeling of how the prophets felt during that time of the Old and New testaments. Several ideas and wisdom came to me, I'm gonna share one of them.

I was at youth fellowship yesterday, brother Nigel was not there so I MSNed him at night and asked him where was he. He told me he was doing project and studying with his classmates. I could vividly remember being reprimanded by pastor and some elders when I skipped church younger :P

I did not reprimand nor blamed brother Nigel instead I told him I was quite relived that he is studying and doing school stuff instead of hanging out with the wrong crowd.

NO I AM NOT ENCOURAGING PEOPLE NOT TO GO CHURCH OR FELLOWSHIP

I learned one thing, YOU CAN NEVER FORCE A PERSON TO DO SOMETHING.

I KNOW that God uses different opportunities and different ways to glorify His name through us. Maybe to certain people God wants them to go fellowship, maybe to others God wants them to be at other places to preach the gospel.

Fellowship and bible reading ALL OF THESE we can do in heaven, we can even find Saint Paul to do bible study with us, BUT there is only one thing that we can NEVER do again in heaven, that is to PREACH THE GOSPEL.

WE MUST know the meaning behind stuff.

What is fellowship for?

We must understand that God wants us to worship Him and know Him together with other christians.
Fellowship is actually for christians to bond and serve with each other. The world is a very negative and sinful place if we stay in it for too long we ourselves will be sinful and negative. That's why we need fellowship to renew,rekindle and relax ourselves in the presence of God.
There is nothing magical behind it, its only natural.

BUT

Worship on Sundays is a commandment, WE MUST WORSHIP Him on Sundays, Worship is also to renew,rekindle and relax ourselves in the presence of God but also of course worship.

My point is , If a christian is not at fellowship but doing a testimony or preaching somewhere, we should let him/her be, don't compromise such a good merit. Of course I am not telling anyone to skip fellowship. I want you guys to analyze the situation before skipping fellowship :) Of course best is don't skip, but no matter what you do, ANALYZE first.

In Luke 10
At the Home of Martha and Mary
38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed.f]">[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Jesus Himself wants us to learn how to analyze and see what is better an important. LET ME SHOW YOU ANOTHER EXAMPLE

Matthew 26
Jesus Anointed at Bethany
6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

OPEN your eyes and see, Dont just do things beacuse pastor or elders tell you to. OBEY and follow God. Choose the better one :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home