Monday, April 20, 2009

40 day thingy

Recently I wanted to try this thing as I found that in the bible there are a lot of saints or prophets that did this 40 days of consecration whereby they pray and keep themselves from sin within this 40 days. I also remembered watching this movie call 40 days and 40 nights which is an american film about this guy that kept from all sexual sin due to a bet by his friends whom felt he can't do it.

Then I pondered again actually I already started this program and today is the 15th day but I find that hey actually some of the prophets and biblical people e.g. Noah,Elijah..... they did not know that they were going through this 40 day thingy. In fact they just breezed through and I was thinking why??? I finally got it , they did not do this program for their self righteousness, they were just on a trip together with God and it really allows them to know Him more and to learn from Him.

The bible said Jesus was tempted for 40 days and I believed that within this 40 days He really got closer to God (In human terms, sometimes Jesus will show how to behave or to do things in terms of a human, for example before He was crucified He prayed, as a God can't He just breeze through everything??? No He wanted to show His love for all mankind and that He can triumph as a human.) and He often sneak off to pray to the Father.

I believe that Jesus already showed us many ways of how we should do things and to seek God even when there are times we feel we can't or when we are in awkward situations. So its time for me to not seek my own righteousness but to know that I really Need God in my life to guide me and to fill me with the Holy Spirit so I don't fall into the temptation of sin.

I want to dedicate myself to God not just for 40 days but forever till I see Him, and that I won't feel shameful to come before Him in heaven. I understand that in the bible it says that God will reveal all things shameful and sinful that a person has done in life. So even though impossible but I know that through God sin can be conquered and that prepare yourselves for that day when you meet God.

There are always 2 sides to a coin, we always like and prefer to see God as the loving tender Father figure but don't forget through out the bible it says that God is a Consuming Fire. All things impure and unholy perishes before Him. In Numbers there has been incident whereby the priests are not prepared and consecrated well and they just DIED before the Tabernacle e.g. the sons of Aaron and some Israelite who went against Moses and God.

Ohhhh I have to go off for a while will be right back.......I end my post now hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home