Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tests

Recently I thought about christian life, and about life. In life there are many tests or tribulations, for everyone it is a own unique journey but I compile it into the following.

  1. Value
  2. Lust
  3. Handling Resources
  4. Relationship
  5. How you fight for your faith
  6. Unanswered prayer or Presence
Value,
sometimes God will test you to see if you put your faith in HIM, or you place your value in your money, possessions, intellect and worldly stuff. If you place your values on worldly stuffs God will use occasions or events to reprove you and cause to see that at the end of the day it is God that we should put faith and value on not the world's stuff. And as I said in my last post, God shows His glory to SAVE not to show off. In Matthew 3:8 Jesus gave the best example

8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’[e]
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Jesus placed His values on the Everlasting God not not in the world.

Satan uses the world's riches to tempt people and making them value the world more than God's eternal salvation, a good example will be in the following scripture(Luke 12) of the CONSEQUENCES

The Parable of the Rich Fool


16
Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully.
17 And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’
18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods.
19
And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’
20
But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
21 “So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

Lust,
Adultery in the Heart
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old,[c] ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[d]
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Men as we all know have problem with lusting after beautiful women and carrying out lustful acts in the mind by the hand, But Jesus said if we lust after a woman and imagine carrying out sexual acts on her, we have already sinned. I know that it is a very difficult thing but IF you notice the verse bellow you can triumph over sexual sin .

Mark10:27 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

Satan favorite tactic for youths and young teenagers is LUST, to make them do immoral and sexual deeds to dishonor God. But how can we teenagers who are have enraged hormones control ourselfs? By focusing on Jesus, Ask Jesus to help you, Think of what He did to save you from sin! How He was crucified to the cross, beaten up, bled and every drop of blood is for US. In my case when I focus on Lord Jesus and on how He suffered for me I just STOP, my lusts are gone, vanished! By the blood of Jesus all my sins and thoughts are vanished.

I love to use psalms 119 , Matthew 5:27 to attack satan for it is said, "God's word is a double edged sword". Here are the verses

Psalms 119
9 How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Handling resources,

God likes to also see how you handle your resources

Matthew 25:14-30 [GO READ IT UP]

29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

If you cant even handle your time/money/gifts well How can GOD give you more??? You need prayer and plan to handle everything well and let it be pleasing to God.


RELATIONSHIPS,

What type of person are you? Do you handle your relationships well?

Ezekiel 22:9

9 In you are men who slander to cause bloodshed; in you are those who eat on the mountains; in your midst they commit lewdness.

Proverbs 11:13

13 A talebearer reveals secrets,
But he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter.

Are you a gossip/someone who reveal other people's private and secret stuffs? Or are you the type who bully and take advantage of your friends/brothers sisters.

Proverbs 26

18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”


DO NOT take advantage or bully a person then say you are joking for the bible says you are a MADMAN.

Now besides handling your relationships with friends now how do you handle your relationship with your family? The blbie tells us to honor our father and mother :)

Ok lets move on


How you fight for your faith

Sometimes God will allow people to come into your life and attack you, attack you in the faith as Jesus already said, many will persecute you for His sake but you will be blessed. However how will you uphold your faith? Many times I meet people who are smarter or intellectually more gifted than me and it is hard for me to share the gospel with them but I will not agree with them and lose my faith in God. We have to learn how to pray for wisdom in handling such matters.

But your attitude matters, if your the type where when someone attacks your faith then you just take it as a joke and laugh it off, then your "losing", and your representing Jesus and your "losing". You may fail at a debate but your attitude should be "Sorry God forgive me for failing You to prove that Your the God , Lord give me strength and wisdom and let this person believe that Your the way, life and truth"

Defend your faith dearly beloved :)

Unanswered prayer or Presence

Sometimes God will leave you and test you. You may feel a spiritual depression and not feel God but you must know this GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!!! But think of this as a test. Many times we say we Love God , we Desire God,we Trust God but HOW TRUE IS THAT???

It can only be prove it when God turn back and watch from afar, in this we can analyze ourselves and God can TEST us to see if we really Love Him or just using our words.

In the bible God did that to a king, but I forgot the chapter so share next time :)

And also unanswered prayer. Before we ask this question analyze this

  • Is this prayer for my own ego or wants
  • Is this prayer going to stumble anyone or me
  • Is this prayer needed?
If you pray for a million dollars, is thas to satisfy your own ego hence, sin women etc
Is it going to stumble me and affect my relationship with God? and do I really need this 1000000 dollars?

Well I end this sharing now bahs :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home